Saturday, July 24, 2010

I'm Seriously Glad They're on Our Side

We all have our perspectives in life that others may not exactly agree with.  I happen to be madly in love with the A-10 Warthog.  I could write pages on this beauty.  Srsly.  If "form follows function" is a workable definition of beauty in engineering, this is one of the most beautiful planes ever made.  It is also extremely well-designed for its mission. 

But don't take my word.  Check out this excellent article on the beauty

If you're a tank driver, and you learn A-10s are coming, leave.  Or die.  Your choice.

2 comments:

  1. It is an eye-catcher, isn't it?

    MikeH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they are!

    I learned some more fun facts in that article, more impressive design details.

    Their ability to withstand battle damage and get the pilot home safely is amazing. I worked with a kid who was ex-Air Force. He said he saw one come home with like 6' of wing blown off one side, and it landed like nothing was wrong at all.

    I know the fighter jocks tease them about being slow, stuff like using an hour glass as a mission timer, but there's a lot to be said for getting home at the end of the day!

    ReplyDelete