Friday, October 26, 2012

Does Wisconsin Have "Stand Your Ground"?

Because this guy really should have been armed.  Another shining example of the tolerance of the left is the way they treated Kyle Wood. 
“I was getting ready for work and there was a knock at the door,” Wood emailed The Daily Caller late Wednesday. “I opened it, and a guy wrapped a ligature around my neck, slammed my head into the doorway, and smashed my face into a mirror, telling me ‘You should have kept your [f*******] mouth shut.’” “He then kidney-punched me, while at the same time saying I was ‘warned,’ and continued to beat me,” he added.  Wood said his attacker’s reference to a warning likely pointed to graffiti he found painted on his car last week. The vandalism included the phrases “house trained republican faggot,” “traitor,” and “ur like a jew 4 hitler.” Those slurs, he explained, were references to him being a gay Republican working to help Lee, a straight GOP candidate, defeat the openly gay Democrat Mark Pocan.
Put a ligature around his neck?  There's only one acceptable answer to someone with a ligature around your neck and putting your face through a mirror: double tap, plus one, because anyone worth shooting twice is worth shooting again.  (Yes, I know that, tactically, if someone has you from behind, you may need to put your first shot into their foot or knee to break free and get better aim.) 

A couple days ago, GayPatriot posted that the only people who call gay Republicans "Faggots" sit on the political left.
Last night before bed, I posted a quick write-up of a meet-up I had had yesterday with Glenn Reynolds, his lovely wife Helen Smith and a gaggle of conservative bloggers and friends.  And there I, an openly gay blogger at a blog with “gay” in its very name, found the same (warm) welcome I have found at every gathering of conservative (& libertarian bloggers).
...
(NOTE: reference to Gateway Pundit - SiG) Neither Jim nor any conservative blogger, in person, in text, in e-mail or any other form of communication, has ever called me a “faggot.” In fact, the only people who seem to be directing that slur at gay conservatives sit on the political left.
It's all part of the "Identity Politics" that the left famously plays.   Star Parker famously wrote about her observations of this from the perspective of a black woman in "Uncle Sam's Plantation".  Ann Coulter writes about it in her new book, "Mugged".  It's  a petty well known phenomenon.  If a few more people trying to hurt guys like Kyle, or Sean Kedzie find themselves with sucking chest wounds, maybe we can slow down this trend. 

Prayers go out to Kyle for a speedy, perfect recovery.  Consider getting a concealed carry permit and never answering a door unarmed again. 


4 comments:

  1. Amen on going armed. The Pink Pistols group (still around?) worked to get more gays armed.

    Yes, I know I have spoken out against gay marriage - I don't have an issue with gay legal unions (this isn't the place to explain why I _do_ with making it identical with marriage) - but I am definitely against gay bashing and violence against them. I am fully in favor of gay men and women arming themselves and dropping their attackers with gunfire. I don't even give a damn whether they bother to ask the State's permission to carry concealed or otherwise.

    This violence on the part of the Left against conservatives needs to be answered with deadly force. Your color/race, gender, or sexual preference (not to include child molesters) does not deny you the use of arms to protect yourself and your loved ones, and neither should your choice to be conservative.

    Grrls with _attitude_ still make me cry, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Yes, but...", as I see it, the gay marriage issue isn't really related to this case. The guy was supporting a Republican candidate, so he was beaten for stepping out of line. No unapproved thoughts are allowed!

      No one should ever be attacked, abused, mistreated, or discriminated against in any way for being gay. Or for having a difference of political opinion. Ever.

      Delete
  2. Sorry, SiG. I wasn't implying a connection - just making a statement in case someone might equate my feelings on that topic with a dislike for gays. Definitely not the case, either way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to apologize, Reg. I understand. It's a symptom of our societal sickness that you have to use disclaimers that you don't dislike gays - or the environment or polar bears or... whatever. Everyone thinks the worse of you.

      I think you and I and, well, the vast majority of the self-defense culture, would leap to defend anyone in that situation. Gay or not just simply doesn't matter. If someone has a wire around another person's neck, I think the debates about "how do you know who the bad guy is?" get kinda easy to answer. Piano wire as a weapon isn't standard police gear. If I draw down on some goblin with piano wire around someone's throat, I'm pretty confident I'm stopping a bad guy.

      I'm almost embarrassed to admit I've spent time on the Book of Faces (under my real name, so no linkies). Because I made fun of an article in Slate(?) that essentially said anyone who is pro-Romney is automatically a gay hater, I had someone attack me as a gay hater. Me

      Divide and conquer. Is there an older strategy? I mean animals as dumb as fish use it when they're finding prey.

      Delete